« Space terror from Slashdot | Main | It was just a drunk txt »

March 05, 2012


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Andy Havens

That reminds me of a word my Dad coined several years ago: thanatologist -- one who is licensed to help someone deal with the complexities and vagaries of death; either their own, or others'. His point was that it used to be you just up-n-died when your number was called. Now, there are all sorts of questions about heroic measures, estate planning, long-term care, hospice, digital remains, etc. etc. ad mortem. There are often a whole range of people you have to deal with (doctors, lawyers, estate planners, accountants, morticians, clergy, the government, employers) regarding a death in the family. Having one person who can help you navigate the tricky waters of the Styx would be pretty helpful.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Twitter latest

    follow me on Twitter




    Become a Fan